Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Waltzing Matilda (Australian folk song, sung by Vocaloids Oliver and Big Al)



http://ift.tt/1eNYVRb Greetings, fellow Earthlings. For your enjoyment, here is the famous Australian folk song Waltzing Matilda, arranged by me (Robbie Hatley, aka Lambent Sonata) and sung by Vocaloid 3 Oliver (with a cameo appearance by Vocaloid 2 Big Al as Policeman #1). I made this arrangement as close as I could to Christina Macphersons original 1895 sheet music manuscript, but following it 100% is, alas, impossible because it is full of errors. Ms. Macpherson was just 21 years old at the time she wrote it, and she had no formal musical training at all, and it shows: her key signatures are impossible, some measures have 5 quarter notes whereas most measures have only 4, and in some places the rhythms dont match the words. So I had to improvise in those spots where her sheet music was obviously in error. But in the error-free areas, I stayed true to the music exactly as she wrote it. MP3: http://ift.tt/1eNYVRb Lyrics: Verse 1: Oh there once was a swagman camped in the billabong, under the shade of a coolibah tree. And he sang as he looked at the old billy boiling: Wholl come a waltzing matilda with me? Refrain: Wholl come a waltzing matilda my darling Wholl come a waltzing matilda with me Waltzing matilda and leading a water bag Wholl come a waltzing matilda with me Verse 2: Down came a jumbuck to drink at the billabong http://ift.tt/1ePR1Xn

No comments:

Post a Comment